Monday, May 12, 2014

Shakes: Part II

Today was my first day of work! I got into Omaha last Friday and after a weekend of two graduations and Mother's Day, work today was a nice change.

I met up with Suzanne, our Company Manager, at 9am on UNO's campus. We chatted about the day's schedule, and then she left to pick up the Company rental car with Sarah. While she was gone I met with Kyle. He was supposed to move into an apartment, but it wasn't going to be ready until 4pm.

In the meantime, I took both Kyle and another carpenter, Jessica, to Walmart to stock up on food and toiletries. I dropped them off at UNO and met a Starbucks-wielding Suzanne at the office at Creighton, and said a quick hello to Wes, Vince and Sarah. Suzanne and I checked out the Creighton dorms and stocked three rooms with sheets and dishes, including MY ROOM.

This summer, Anna and I are sharing a dorm room at Creighton to more easily access the office and not commute around town from my parent's house. After just moving out of a dorm at Truman, I can say with confidence that this one is much nicer. It has a living area, kitchenette, bathroom, walk in closet, and bedroom.

Suzanne went to move Elizabeth in to UNO and left me at Creighton to unpack my things for room 701. Anna will move in later this week.

My bin of stuff
Our living area and door to the bedroom
After unpacking and relaxing, Suzanne met me and we finished unpacking another room. She let me go around 3, and I've been hanging in my dorm. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to be with Wes for the day.

£åµ®∑n

No comments:

Post a Comment