Saturday, June 1, 2013

SotG: Part I

It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

I have graduated high school, am no longer a part of WHS theater, and started my job with Nebraska Shakespeare. So much has happened, I'll just give you a synopsis.

My official job titles: Assistant to Director of Production and Stage Manager of Two-Minute Shakespeare.

For my Assis. DoP job I work with Wes Houston, the Director of Production, and I also work with Patrick Kilcoyne, the Company Manager.

In the beginning we had to make sure all of the housing for the out of town actors and techies were supplied (such as: bedding, kitchen items, towels, etc.). We had a Welcome Party at a cool place downtown, then a full Company Meeting the next day in which we had an overview of all the basic doings of Nebraska Shakespeare.

I work with Wes mostly 10am-4pm every day and Two-Minute 6pm-8pm every weeknight.

Two-Minute consists of 6 actors, me, and the director. We have 15 Shakespeare scripts that can be done in 2 minutes or less. For every second the actors go after 2 minutes, they have to do pushups. As of this point, we have staged Titus Andronicus, Twelfth Night, Hamlet, Tempest, King John, Romeo & Juliet, Julius Caesar. We went to Lincoln this past week to do a preview of 3 of our shows, and it was a great success. Two-Minute is the preshow entertainment that will happen before the show.

With Wes I do everything. We do expense reports, handle problems, check in with the costume shop and the scene shop, check in on the Green (in Elmwood Park), go shopping. We figure out a lot and deal with a lot and it's been really fun to be an assistant. I call people frequently.

This is going to be a fun, crazy, busy, lovely, stressful summer. I look forward to it.

£åµ®∑n

No comments:

Post a Comment